A well-educated real estate community benefits us all. The more knowledge and experience we all gain, the better we all serve our customers and work together. We have put together a monthly newsletter to help you become the best real estate professional possible, expand your knowledge and increase your capacity to serve homebuyers, borrowers and other real estate owners.
Where we are:
What we do:
• True Title’s closers serve as the conduit for real estate transactions, uniting all aspects of the process, tying together the financial, legal and emotional needs, ensuring the property is free & clear of liens and is properly conveyed to the owners in its entirety: all backed by the highest rated underwriting from Old Republic and Chicago Title.
We Celebrate People:
• Every real estate transaction differs from the one before, bringing unique elements, challenges and personalities to the fore. We listen to the stories of those around the table, and we celebrate the lives that are made better by the purchase of a home. We build friendships, alleviate tension and stress, and bring fun to the transaction. We enjoy this momentous, joyous occasion – sharing tears of joy, and often enjoying hugs with everyone when the keys are handed across the table.
We Thrive on Challenges:
• When many people confront an obstacle, human nature is to give up and find the easier other way. We aggressively seek out challenges with the goal of fixing them. Like completing a complicated crossword puzzle or sudoku, we live for the thrill we experience when clearing title defects. Bring us your problem – we won’t rest until it is solved.
We commit ourselves to our client’s success:
• Our success is measured by your success. When your clients are happy, they will refer more business to you. This helps you, this benefits us. And we’ll keep it that way.
We win as a team:
• We find a new level of professional fulfillment with the team at True Title. Our friendly competition pushes each other to new levels of excellence, and our fast paced environment means we never watch the clock. We share in each other’s victories, and always make time to help one another learn. We have great team chemistry, and know that we are creating something special: a dynamic company in which each of us plays an integral role in the success.
In 2012, John Duckworth (president) and John Banjak (general counsel) designed St. Louis-based True Title to be a different kind of title company. They set out to create a collaborativeculture where employees would feel both respected and empowered. They wanted to have a
staff willing to work with them to resolve difficult title issues and provide an exceptional clientexperience.
Their hard work is paying off. In an industry that has grown an estimated 27% since 2013, True Title has seen a remarkable 882% increase during the same period. And while the number of real estate transactions in the region hasn’t measurably changed, True Title’s closings have
increased by more than 500%.
When asked about the secret to True Title’s success, president John Duckworth answered, “You’ve got to take care of people.” Through profit-sharing, constant training, and an open-door policy, they’ve achieved outsized employee engagement numbers in addition to their staggering growth.
While Gallup’s “State of the American Workplace” shows only 33% of American employees feel “fully engaged” at
work, 96% of True Title employees reported feeling “proud to be a part of theTrue Title team” in a recent company-wide survey.
Escrow Manager Deanna Skiles says, “True Title feels more like a family. [Duckworth and Banjak] are there for us … There isn’t that disconnect between me and the ‘higher-ups.’”
The result? A team that is succeeding by working together to provide their clients with the very best service possible. With its eighth branch set to open this November in St. Charles, True Title is serving the St. Louis region more capably than ever.