Like many across the nation, we at True Title are watching the growing information about the Covid-19, or coronavirus, as that guidance and information develops.
Effective immediately, we are implementing certain precautions and practices across True Title as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (“CDC”). While the CDC and other health officials continue to study this virus (a situation commonly described as “fluid” and “evolving”), we will try to share other practices and procedures as we are advised of same.
While there is no certainty as to the effectiveness of some or all of these practices and procedures, we ask that you follow these directives to the best of your abilities. Of primary importance to us is the well-being of our clients and staff. Secondarily, our desire is to maximize our chances of maintaining the continuity of our business in the event a member of our team becomes infected.
Here are the CDC guidelines – as of March 11, 2020 – modified to the specifics of our client and team member needs. These cannot guarantee prevention of infection; and are the agreed upon best practices to reduce the risk.
Precautions & Guidance for Interaction
- Wash or sanitize your hands BEFORE AND AFTER each closing; with washing, take a few extra minutes and use plenty of soap. With hand-sanitizer, apply liberally.
- AVOID SHAKING HANDS or making direct skin contact. This will likely become commonplace and should not appear out of the ordinary. But if so, politely explain that we are protecting against possible the spread of the virus.
- PENS AT THE CLOSING TABLE: Clients may use their own blue ink pen or a True Title pen. If you elect to use our pen, please take it directly from the holder. We then ask, if you decide not to keep the pen, that you return the pen to a separate tray for disinfecting.
- SANITIZER: Assuming we can acquire it, we will provide a bottle of hand sanitizer for each closing room.
- FOR THOSE WHO ARE SICK, HAVE A FEVER, OR OTHER RELATED SYMPTOMS: Please contact the closer and processor for your transaction to discuss additional procedures which we can take.
For those clients engaged in “Social Distancing” per recommendations from the CDC, we have expanded our closing options to minimize the in-person interaction as much as possible. Talk to your closer to learn more about how we are working with the community for the health, safety and security of all.
Precautions within the Office
- We have removed common-use staplers, scissors, pens, etc., from common work areas.
- Do your best to avoid physical contact with others and their personal items.
- We have ordered sanitizing wipes for each office and will distribute them as soon as they arrive. These wipes should be used for common areas such as closing tables (immediately after closings), copier keypads and trays, postage machines, etc.
- If an employee is sick, or has a sick family member at home with coronavirus, stay at home and notify your supervisor immediately. Any employee who becomes sick or develops a fever during the work day shall be sent home immediately.
Thank you, and working together we can continue to accomplish secure, safe and successful closings and transactions for everyone.