When you come to work at True Title, you join a team that provides support, training, encouragement and “has your back.” Your income potential continually expands through our one-of-a-kind profit-sharing and commission programs, while your skillset grows through our training and mentorship. Check out the links below to learn more about why True Title is the perfect place to work.
How an intentional corporate culture makes for more engaged employees, accelerated growth, and happier clients True Title’s John Duckworth (president) and John Banjak (general counsel) have spent many years in the title business. While working together at another company, they began discussing the problems in their industry. They saw stressed-out employees, executives who had walled… [Read More]
How does True Title find success? It’s all about the culture that has led to amazing growth. Listen to the interview as Total Information AM on KMOX 1120 reports… [Read More]
Currently Seeking: In-House Counsel
Purpose: The In-House Counsel for Community Title & Escrow (“CTE”) and True Title Company (“TTC”), collectively, the “Company” shall provide underwriting support to Company staff, stay apprised of the current statutory, regulatory & case law climate as it relates to real estate and title insurance, and provide ongoing guidance to Company management to keep Company secure from claims, losses and other risks typically affecting the title company. Will actively work with staff and clients to ensure the best overall problem-solving and customer service in the greater metropolitan St. Louis (bi-state) title industry.
Reports to: Mark Mottaz & John Duckworth
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Some or all of the following duties & responsibilities may be assigned to the Employee as business needs dictate:
- Provide underwriting support to Company staff, including review of surveys, powers of attorney and other closing-related documents;
- Prepare certain documents required for closing/title insurance outside the scope of escrow closers, such as escrow agreements, disbursing agreements and closing affidavits;
- Work with Company management and staff in the update & revision of standardized documents (i.e., deeds, affidavits, commitments), standardized requirement and exception language;
- Stay apprised of underwriting, industry, regulatory & statutory changes within Illinois & Missouri, and provide Company staff with guidance on such issues as they arise;
- Work with Company staff in the resolution/cure of title defects on closing and title files;
- Prepare and deliver internal approved Continuing Education courses to Company staff;
- Prepare and deliver external approved Continuing Education [i.e., Legal and/or Realtor] courses;
- Work with Company management in the resolution/cure of any matters/claims which arise post-closing;
- Assist Company management in development and maintenance of company policies and procedures, including ALTA Best Practices;
- Enforce indemnity & hold harmless agreements through litigation if-and-when necessary;
- Perform legal research on special projects as requested by president;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active law licenses in States of Missouri & Illinois (if not currently licensed in both states, must obtain promptly upon hiring);
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel) title insurance software and/or mortgage loan closing software
- Missouri title agent license (if not currently licensed, must obtain promptly upon hiring)
- 3+ years’ experience in real estate;
- Some experience in title insurance industry;
- Litigation experience;
- Non-exempt, full time, Monday – Friday; flexible hours available
- Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance plans, 401(k), vacation time, profit share bonus plan
True Title continuously accepts and reviews applications for experienced title professionals. Please contact us for more details.