True Title is growing!
In order to support this tremendous pace and team, we seek an experienced real-estate professional to join us as Escrow Closing Officer
When you come to work at True Title, you join a team that provides support, training, encouragement and “has your back.” Your income potential continually expands through our one-of-a-kind profit-sharing and commission programs, while your skillset grows through our training and mentorship.
Purpose: Work with one of the fastest growing and most forward thinking title companies in St. Louis! Assist escrow closing officers with the closing process, primarily from the closing table through disbursement, recording and post-closing.
Reports to: Escrow Division Manager (direct); Escrow Closing Officer (indirect)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Some or all of the following duties & responsibilities may be assigned to the Escrow Processor as business needs dictate:
- Assist the Escrow Officer in the processing of residential and commercial closing files in some or all of the following tasks:
- Review sales contract and loan documents to ensure compliance at closing, noting appropriate “target” dates such as the title/survey objection date;
- Review title commitment to ascertain what requirements must be met in order to issue final title policy(ies), and work with Escrow Closing Officer to complete requirements;
- Obtain payoffs from lenders, homeowner/condominium associations, water, sewer & trash servicing companies, county and city taxing authorities and any other person/entity necessary in the transaction;
- Collect and prepare necessary documentation to complete the closing transaction;
- Upon completion of the closing transaction, assist the Escrow Closing team in the post-closing process, in some or all of the following tasks:
- Prepare final loan package and send to lender;
- Review closing ledger for accuracy and disburse file in accordance with ledger and lender’s closing instructions, including the printing and mailing/overnighting of checks and initiation of wires, if any;
- Prepare the Final Closing Package and review the documents to be recorded for accuracy/compliance;
- Submit final file to Escrow Assistant for recording within the established timeline.
- Greet clients and answer phones in professional manner; provide exceptional written and verbal communication to agents and clients. Address client needs in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Correspond with lenders, builders, agents and attorneys as needed.
- Update job knowledge by routinely participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests. Explore opportunities to add value to company and key accounts.
- If applicable, perform any and all duties of Escrow Assistant, including but not limited to:
- Open title and closing file within the operating system;
- Approve wires;
- Prepare documents for recording and electronically record (or prepare and send overnight package for counties without e-recording option).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to dig into complex title issues and identify solutions;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining strong attention to details and timelines.
- 1+ years of direct real estate experience in the title insurance industry and/or mortgage industry; familiarity with standard title insurance and/or mortgage lending concepts, practices and procedures; actual closing experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel) title insurance software and/or mortgage loan closing software
- Notary certification required (if not currently a notary, must get certified immediately upon hiring)
- Missouri title agent license (if not currently licensed, must obtain promptly upon hiring)
- High school diploma or GED required (college degree or paralegal certified preferred)
- Fluency in English, with preference for bi/multi-lingual candidates
- Aggressive compensation program to include strong base salary plus commission, health insurance and other benefits.
Please submit applications to:
(314) 727-3000 (office)
Send an Email
How an intentional corporate culture makes for more engaged employees, accelerated growth, and happier clients True Title’s John Duckworth (president) and John Banjak (general counsel) have spent many years in the title business. While working together at another company, they began discussing the problems in their industry. They saw stressed-out employees, executives who had walled… [Read More]
How does True Title find success? It’s all about the culture that has led to amazing growth. Listen to the interview as Total Information AM on KMOX 1120 reports… [Read More]