Purpose: The Escrow Division Manager (EDM) supervises and manages a division of True Title Company (divisions as determined by the company president & ownership) in addition to duties performed as an escrow closing officer. The successful EDM will recruit, hire and train escrow personnel to develop the best escrow closing officers in the industry. The EDM will support their subordinates to ensure best-in-class service is provided to TTC clients, operational efficiency and compliance, and with a keen focus on improving the operating margin of their division.
Reports to: Escrow Operations Manager
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Some or all of the following duties & responsibilities may be assigned to the Escrow Division Manager as business needs dictate:
- Serve the duties of Escrow Closing Officer, according to the established job description.
- Manage closing offices and personnel in assigned division, ensuring best-in-class customer service given and compliance with company and underwriting guidelines, policies & procedures.
- Work with company management to recruit, hire and train closing processors, identifying candidates who contain the right personality/behavioral qualities and who project to be escrow closers.
- Work with company management to recruit, hire and train escrow closers, identifying closers with a significant book of business and in geographic areas company has strategically identified for growth.
- Work with the Escrow Operations Manager to continually improve the closing process from start to finish with the constant goal of improving quality, limiting errors, increasing productivity and ensuring the best overall experience for both clients and escrow personnel.
- Manage time and attendance for subordinates; ensure that time off and vacations are properly covered to avoid gaps in customer service.
- Working with TTC Management and account originators, develop “client files” with client-specific procedures, backup documentation, and so forth; learn and understand such basic procedures for major client groups of division.
- Monitor individual closer and processor performance, ensuring high quality and productivity; identify and resolve issues with escrow personnel to allow such team members to reach fullest potential as member of escrow team.
- Provide 90-day and annual reviews to escrow personnel, recommend wage and salary adjustments when appropriate, recommend promotions when appropriate, and manage & approve schedules, timesheets and time off.
- Provide back-up support to all closing staff, including performing processing and closing duties to cover absences or in times of capacity shortages.
- Work with company management and division personnel to increase division revenues and profit margins by increasing the client base through business development and networking opportunities and identifying efficiencies within the closing process.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Some or all of the following duties & responsibilities may be required as business needs dictate:
- Create and present continuing education courses to company personnel and clientele.
- Prepare and deliver short presentations for delivery at realtor team meetings (and other similar client meetings, when appropriate).
- Work with TTC management to set closing fees, maintaining a file on competitor rates to ensure rates are appropriate, and cover operating costs and expenses where applicable.
- Develop and cultivate new business relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of residential & commercial closing experience in the state of Missouri and/or Illinois;
- 3+ years of experience in the title industry;
- Strong knowledge of operational / process development
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel) title insurance software and/or mortgage loan closing software
- Missouri title agent license (if not currently licensed, must obtain promptly upon hiring)
- High school diploma or GED required (bachelor’s degree or paralegal certified preferred)
- Prior managerial experience preferred
- Non-exempt, full time, Monday – Friday; flexible hours available
- Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance plans, 401(k), vacation time, profit share bonus plan
- Some travel required
When you come to work at True Title, you join a team that provides support, training, encouragement and “has your back.” Your income potential continually expands through our one-of-a-kind profit-sharing and commission programs, while your skillset grows through our training and mentorship. Check out the links below to learn more about why True Title is the perfect place to work.
True Title’s Secret to Success
How an intentional corporate culture makes for more engaged employees, accelerated growth, and happier clients True Title’s John Duckworth (president) and John Banjak (general counsel) have spent many years in the title business. While working together at another company, they began discussing the problems in their industry. They saw stressed-out employees, executives who had walled… [Read More]
KMOX 1120 Total Information AM – how True Title finds success
How does True Title find success? It’s all about the culture that has led to amazing growth. Listen to the interview as Total Information AM on KMOX 1120 reports… [Read More]
True Title continuously accepts and reviews applications for experienced title professionals. Please contact us for more details.