True Title is growing!
In order to support this tremendous pace and team, we seek professionals to join us as Closing Processors.
When you come to work at True Title, you join a team that provides support, training, encouragement and “has your back.” Your income potential continually expands through our one-of-a-kind profit-sharing and commission programs, while your skillset grows through our training and mentorship.
Purpose: Assist escrow closing officers with the closing process from beginning to completion in various administrative and clerical tasks, clearing title matters and funding the transaction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Some or all of the following duties & responsibilities may be assigned to the Escrow Closing Officer as business needs dictate:
- Assist the Escrow Closing team in the processing of residential and commercial closing files in some or all of the following tasks:
- Open title and closing file within the operating system;
- Review sales contract and loan documents to ensure compliance at closing, noting appropriate “target” dates such as the title/survey objection date;
- Review title commitment to ascertain what requirements must be met in order to issue final title policy(ies), and works with Escrow Closing Officer to complete requirements;
- Obtain payoffs from lenders, homeowner/condominium associations, water, sewer & trash servicing companies, county and city taxing authorities and any other person/entity necessary in the transaction;
- Contact and establish professional relationships with real estate agents, loan officers, buyers, sellers, borrowers and others involved in the real estate transaction;
- Collect and prepare necessary documentation to complete the closing transaction;
- Upon completion of the closing transaction, assist the Escrow Closing team in the post-closing process, in some or all of the following tasks:
- Prepare documents for recording and electronically record (or prepare and send overnight package for counties without e-recording option);
- Prepare final loan package and send to lender;
- Review closing ledger for accuracy and disburse file in accordance with ledger and lender’s closing instructions, including the printing of checks, initiation of wires, if any; approve wires (not initiated by processor); send payoffs and other checks;
- Greet clients and answer phones in professional manner; provide exceptional written and verbal communication to agents and clients. Address client needs in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Correspond with lenders, builders, agents and attorneys as needed.
- Update job knowledge by routinely participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests. Explore opportunities to add value to company and key accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- With bachelor’s degree, no prior experience necessary.
- In lieu of bachelor’s degree, 1+ years of direct real estate processing experience in the title insurance and/or mortgage industry; familiarity with standard title insurance and/or mortgage lending concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel) title insurance software and/or mortgage loan closing software
- Notary certification required (if not currently a notary, must get certified immediately upon hiring)
- Missouri title agent license (if not currently licensed, must obtain promptly upon hiring)
- High school diploma or GED required (bachelor’s degree or paralegal certified preferred)
- Fluency in English, with preference for bi/multi-lingual candidates
- Non-exempt, full time, Monday – Friday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance plans, 401(k), vacation time, profit sharing bonus plan
Please submit applications to:
(314) 727-3000 (office)
Send an Email
True Title’s Secret to Success
How an intentional corporate culture makes for more engaged employees, accelerated growth, and happier clients True Title’s John Duckworth (president) and John Banjak (general counsel) have spent many years in the title business. While working together at another company, they began discussing the problems in their industry. They saw stressed-out employees, executives who had walled… [Read More]
KMOX 1120 Total Information AM – how True Title finds success
How does True Title find success? It’s all about the culture that has led to amazing growth. Listen to the interview as Total Information AM on KMOX 1120 reports… [Read More]