Face it. When your client is buying or selling a home, the stress can be as high as the stakes. Use this handy 4-step guide to help your customers keep their cool.
1) Listen. First and foremost.
- Give your disgruntled client a chance to vent. It’ll help them to articulate the problem.
2) Empathize. Say, “OK, I understand what you’re upset about,” and repeat back to them what they’ve said, making sure to ask, “Is that correct?”
- Remain calm and inquisitive.
- Neither assign nor reject responsibility.
- Suggest a fix OR
- Offer to discuss their problem with your colleagues. Say, “Give me (x number of days) to solve it.”
4) Be honest. If you are unable to resolve the problem, say so. If you don’t know the answer, tell them. Your directness will earn you respect and help set reasonable expectations for your client moving forward.
TrueTip: If you don’t have a reliable expert to field your clients’ questions, find one!
Hint: True Title is that expert!